Monday, August 19, 2013

One Step Up and Two Steps Back

Crap.  Crap.  Crap!

Just like The Boss himself says:

Bruce Springsteen - One Step Up
...
One step up and two steps back.


Like the total idiot that I am after getting back here to Gunma Japan on my own, with nothing better to do outside of work than run, what did I do....  Put my foot totally on the gas, 6 days a week running, hammering up the volume from probably about 45 miles a week to 55 ~ 60 straight away, and in the evenings 3 or 4 times a week swimming, working out, or stairmaster'ing at the gym.

And so predictably what happened... ... ... ...
Boom!
    Injury.
        Idiot.


Got myself a nice case of Trochanteric Bursitis.  Which is just a fancy term for pain on the side of your hip (left hip in my case) where the femur connects to the hip.



What an Idiot!!!  
Will Ferrell from Wedding Crashers  -  gotta be a Will Ferrell Top 10 scene 

I was absolutely on fire / unstoppable for about three or four weeks there right up until... ... ... I wasn't.

Fortunately from all the stuff I read on the internets (you know you can/should believe everything you read the internets) it is not a serious looking injury.  Just need to take it easy for a bit (which for sure won't drive me crazy).

So now I get to relegate myself to a bunch of core exercises for a while (hoping only a week).  Fortunately I should be able to bomb it at the pool to try to keep my aerobic fitness up.

What an idiot...  again just like The Boss says:
     I'm the same old story same old act
     One step up and two steps back.




Temporarily on the sideline, but...





2 comments:

  1. Don't be too hard on yourself my friend. That's a buggar of an injury though (overuse / bruising). It goes away eventually but can take some time. You gotta hate being confined to core exercises for the next week or so. Take it easy. I'm off for a run ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I'm off for a run ;-)"
      Salt in my wound!

      Delete