And now finally it is all chips in for a massive new marathon PR (Personal Record / best). Race week is upon me... So...
It seems like years, and certainly months upon months of day after day of running, dieting, running, elliptical'ing, running, swimming, running, dieting, running, lifting, and running some more.
If I don't get under 3 hours in this weekend's upcoming race I think I will completely implode.
And with a great build up block, it is all in right in front of me for the taking. Time to taper, sleep (a lot), start getting amp'ed up during the week, and freak out about every little detail about the race. I think I may be influencing currently being debated net neutrality proposed laws with all of my clicking reload for weather forecast updates.
Fortunately for me getting amp'ed up will be no problem... Some of my favorite getting amp'ed up video's / songs which I will be (over) watching this week:
- Sammy Wanjiru & Tsegaye Kebede throwing absolute haymakers at each other at the 2010 Chicago Marathon (I have no idea how this doesn't have hundreds of thousands of views)
- Most every Triathlon Kona Ironman World Championship over the last 10 years on YouTube (even though I could never do one love watching people just lay it all out there).
- MSU Fight Song / Videos. How about This One, That One, This One, or That One! And for motivation & fun for UofM & MSU fans alike.... This One. All Awesome.
- And all kinds of kick-ass & cheesy music to fire me up! Such as:
- The most awesomest, most kick-assedness song of all time (if this song shuffles on at any point after mile 20 there is absolutely no stopping me - I could run down Meb friggin Keflezighi listening to this!). and...
- Bringing the cheese from my youth to fire me up - It's Hammer Time baby!
Time to man up.